Sunday May 4 2013
Exciting news from JCodec!
Yesterday JCodec 0.1.0 has been released.
The new features in this release:
- JAVA NIO. No more input streams and byte arrays.
- H.264 Decoder. A complete from-the-scratch rewrite of H.264 decoder. Supports Main profile with CABAC and CAVLC, I/P/B frames. Has been tested on many hours of content. Way more efficient too!
- H.264 Encoder. Minimal yet working implementation. Produces big but fully working H.264 baseline profile bitstreams ( CAVLC I-frame only, static QP).
- Matroska ( MKV ) demuxer / muxer. A complete from-the-scratch rewrite of the whole MKV library.
Just a reminder of some of the features already in JCodec:
- MPEG 1/2 decoder. Supports I/P/B frames and interlaced content.
- Apple ProRes encoder;
- Apple ProRes decoder;
- MP4 ( ISO BMF, Apple QuickTime ) muxer / demuxer.
- MPEG PS, MPEG TS demuxers;
Heads up for the features in future releases:
- MXF demuxer;
- H.264 encoder new features;
- VP8 encoder;
- MP3 decoder;
- AAC encoder;
Please feel free to tell us about the needs in your project and we may incorporate some new features into our roadmap.
The JCodec dev team